Ancora Transitional Services seeks to:
- Provide educational and training services to individuals in need of employment.
- Augment marketable skills that can be used by program participants in search of economic stability.
- Provide case management to program participants in need of resource planning and referral services.
- Effectively transition Ancora Inc. participants out of the program into independent employment.
We do this by:
- Networking with local businesses and establishing paid internship positions for program participants.
- Opening, operating, and managing a commercial bakery that will be staffed by program participants for 16-week periods.
- Providing professional training that will help program participants gain proficiency in a myriad of employment skills including:
- maintaining a sanitary work environment
- delivery of catering orders
- customer service
- Offering case management that involves resume building, participation in job fairs, and mock-interview training in an effort to achieve improved job attainment outcomes.
- Offering training and assistance free-of-charge and paying hourly wages to program participants who work at either the commercial bakery and internship sites.
- Engaging program participants in transition services and supportive aftercare by assisting them in seeking gainful employment following the end of the 16-week employment program period.